United Methodists in Africa, Europe and the Philippines are organized by geographical regions called “central conferences.” Each central conference consists of a number of annual conferences. The denomination has seven central conferences: Africa, Central and Southern Europe, Congo, Germany, Northern Europe and Eurasia, Philippines and West Africa. Learn more about central conferences.
For contact information for United Methodist churches outside the United States, please contact the appropriate bishop's office below. These offices can also help you find information on annual conferences and local churches located in each of the episcopal areas.
If you are looking for information about a church in an international region where there are no United Methodist Churches, find information about affiliated churches.
Africa Central Conferences
Today, Africa includes three central conferences:
- Africa: Contains five episcopal areas, 12 annual conferences
- Congo: Contains four episcopal areas, 14 annual conferences
- West Africa:Contains four episcopal areas, six annual conferences
Europe Central Conferences
Currently, Europe has three central conferences:
- Central and Southern Europe: Contains one episcopal area, seven annual conferences
- Germany: Contains one episcopal area, three annual conferences
- Northern Europe and Eurasia: Contains two episcopal areas, 10 annual conferences
Philippines Central Conference
The Philippines constitutes one central conference, which has three episcopal areas, 24 annual conferences