UMCGiving

Did you know UM teens make the decisions for projects funded by the Youth Service Fund?

UM teens make the decisions
for projects
funded by the
Youth Service Fund?

The Youth Service Fund is a unique ministry because it is run completely by, with and for youth. Youth contribute the money, they decide what projects receive the money, and the projects supported are youth-designed, youth-led, and youth benefited. Within each conference, a youth task force is made up of representatives from each district to determine how 70% of the funds raised will be spend for their conference. The remaining 30% collected goes to the United Methodist Youth Organization (Division of Ministries with Young People) where youth from across the US determine grants given to ministries helping youth across the world.

ABOUT YOUTH SERVICE FUND (YSF)

The Youth Service Fund (YSF) is the national United Methodist mission fund supported by youth. Through YSF, United Methodist teens raise money for other teens doing ministry in their churches and communities impacting poverty, illiteracy, absenteeism and social justice. The Youth Service Fund is a unique ministry because it is run completely by, with and for youth. Youth contribute the money, they decide what projects receive the money, and the projects supported are youth-designed, youth-led, and youth benefited. Young people have continuously proven to be extremely generous. Youth are donating their time and effort to fundraise and using their creative energy to form projects that meet the needs of their community. Through the Youth Service Fund, youth are joining together to spread hope to their peers.

United Methodist Church Connectional Giving Logo
Give Now to Connectional Giving Button United Methodist Church
Learn more about AUF
Previous Question Button
Next Question Button
Learn more about the agency that oversee The Youth Service Fund Discipleship Ministries