Get Your Spirit in Shape: Living Our Faith Daily
You have probably heard the aspirational promise of The United Methodist Church: “Open Hearts. Open Minds. Open Doors.” Typically, we think of it as a goal for our churches. In this podcast episode, Paul Gomez shares that since the church is the people, we should all seek to live with open hearts, minds, and doors every day, in every aspect of our lives. Even while driving.
Get Your Spirit in Shape
Paul is a college student, Starbucks barista, golfer and active United Methodist. He sings in the choir in his local congregation, served as part of the Desert Southwest Annual Conference delegation to the 2016 General and Jurisdicitional Conferences, and is a member of several general conference commissions.
- Paul served as part of the Desert Southwest Annual Conference delegation to the 2016 General conference.
- We talk about the structure of The United Methodist Church.
- Learn more about “Open Hearts. Open Minds. Open Doors.”
- Another Get Your Spirit in Shape college conversation: College, Church, and Faith
- A story about singing in the choir: Choir members enjoy health, spiritual benefits
- Read the transcript of this episode.
More Get Your Spirit in Shape episodes
Join the conversation
- Email our host Joe Iovino about this episode, ideas for future topics, or any other thoughts.
Help us spread the word
- Tell others. Share what you are hearing with members of your church, coworkers, and whomever else might benefit from these conversations. And share us on Facebook and other social media.
- Review us. Go to where you got the podcast (iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher), and write a review. Reviews move us up in searches, and help others find us.
Thank you for listening, downloading, and subscribing.
This podcast originally posted September 18, 2017.