Weathering Life’s Storms: Get Your Spirit in Shape
When Jesus invited Peter to step out of a boat and walk with him on water, he was asking Peter to trust him, even in the midst of a storm (Matthew 14:22-36).
You and I experience storms in life as well: times when we’re afraid, when those we love get hurt, and when we are worried about family and friends.
In this conversation, United Methodist pastor Myriam Cortes of Iglesia Metodista Unida Ebenezer in Nashville, Tennessee, candidly shares about a year of storms she endured. One was on a national level in the United States. Another affected the church she serves. The third was Hurricane Maria, a literal storm that caused her to worry about her family in Puerto Rico for weeks. Pastor Myriam shares the struggles and how her faith strengthened her in the midst of the storm.
Listen and Subscribe
Pastor Myriam Cortes
- Follow Iglesia Metodista Unida Ebenezer on Facebook.
- Learn more about the Hispanic/Latino Ministries of the Tennessee Annual Conference.
Popular related stories on UMC.org
- A United Methodist Prayer: Turning to God in Days of Trouble video by United Methodist Communications
- Ways to keep the faith when the world seems wicked by Joe Iovino
- Standing with Puerto Rican church after hurricanes by United Methodist News.
- “Gentrificación” y ministerios hispano/latinos on www.Hispanic.UMC.org.
- “Facing Fear with Faith” with Adam Hamilton Get Your Spirit in Shape episode.
Join the conversation
- Email our host Joe Iovino about this episode, ideas for future topics, or any other thoughts you would like to share.
Help us spread the word
- Tell others: members of your church, coworkers, and anyone else might benefit from these conversations.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you download the episodes. Great reviews help others find us.
- Read the transcript of this episode.
More Get Your Spirit in Shape episodes
Thank you for listening, downloading, and subscribing.
This episode posted on December 5, 2018.