Meet Bishop Hee-Soo Jung: Get Your Spirit in Shape
Born in Korea to parents who practiced Buddhism and Neo-Confucianism, United Methodist Bishop Hee-Soo Jung met a missionary when he was sixteen. The missionary, who was working in a nearby field preparing the land to build a church, told Jung that God loved him. Before the floors were finished in the new church building, Jung was baptized and a lifelong pursuit of building bridges between his faith and his family, between the gospel and culture, between people across faith traditions, had begun.
In this conversation, we talk about those early days as a Christian, what he has learned about building relationships with people of other faith groups, and how he “relaxes” by hiking in the mountains. Join us for this wonderfully powerful conversation as we meet Bishop Hee-Soo Jung of the Wisconsin Episcopal Area.
Listen and Subscribe
Bishop Hee-Soo Jung
- Read his bio on UMC.org.
- Learn more about his work in the Wisconsin Annual Conference.
- Explore the bishop's blog, especially his reflection on a recent mountain hike in the Himilayas.
More about our bishops
- Listen to more bishops’ personal faith stories.
- Find out about our Council of Bishops.
- Called to ministry? We have resources to help you explore your call.
Join the conversation
- Email our host Joe Iovino about this episode, ideas for future topics, or any other thoughts you would like to share.
Help us spread the word
- Tell others: members of your church, coworkers, and anyone else might benefit from these conversations.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on iTunes, Google Play or wherever you download the episodes. Great reviews help others find us.
- Read the transcript of this episode.
More Get Your Spirit in Shape episodes
Thank you for listening, downloading, and subscribing.
This episode posted on October 5, 2018.