Meet Bishop Eduard Khegay: Get Your Spirit in Shape
Growing up in the Soviet Union, he was skeptical of the Christian faith. Then a group of friends invited the future bishop to church where he found what it meant to follow Christ, serve others, live joyfully, and be part of something greater. Today, United Methodist Bishop Eduard Khegay serves the Eurasia Episcopal Area which includes Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, and Kazakhstan.
During the Wisconsin Annual Conference, we chatted with the bishop about studying nuclear missiles as a hydraulic engineering student, leading his college student ministry before he felt ready, and what it is like to be a Christian in Russia today. He also shares the story of his call to ministry, relaxing with his children, and how the beautiful scenery of Russia helps keep his spirit in shape.
Get Your Spirit in Shape
Bishop Eduard Khegay
- Read his bio on UMC.org.
- Visit the website of the Eurasia Episcopal Area.
- Learn more about the United Methodist Central Conferences.
- See a map of the Europe Central Conferences.
- Explore Upper Room, the devotional Bishop Khegay uses, and learn its history in Where the world meets to pray, by Joe Iovino.
More about our bishops
- Listen to more bishops’ personal faith stories.
- Find out about our Council of Bishops.
- Feeling called to ministry? We have resources to help you explore your call.
Join the conversation
- Email our host Joe Iovino about this episode, ideas for future topics, or any other thoughts you would like to share.
Help us spread the word
- Tell others: members of your church, coworkers, and anyone else might benefit from these conversations.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on iTunes, Google Play, or wherever you download the episode. Great reviews help others find us.
- Read the transcript of this episode.
More Get Your Spirit in Shape episodes
Thank you for listening, downloading, and subscribing.
This episode posted on July 24, 2018.