Meet Bishop Cynthia Moore-Koikoi: Get Your Spirit in Shape
Prior to beginning in pastoral ministry, Bishop Cynthia Moore-Koikoi spent 17 years as a school psychologist, helping students and parents see beyond barriers toward potential and possibility. Today, this daughter of a United Methodist pastor uses those same gifts as she leads the Western Pennsylvania Conference.
In our conversation, we talk about what it was like to grow up a preacher’s kid, how a dream helped clarify her call to ordained ministry, and how she uses meditation, lectio divina, and acupuncture to help keep her spirit in shape. Listen and meet Bishop Cynthia Moore-Koikoi.
Get Your Spirit in Shape
Bishop Cynthia Moore-Koikoi
- Read Bishop Moore-Koikoi’s bio on UMC.org.
- Explore The Western Pennsylvania Conference of The United Methodist Church.
- What is “annual conference”? Learn more here.
Popular UMC.org stories
- Being a pastor’s kid: ‘I wouldn’t trade it for anything’
- Prayers and Meditations
- Featured Topic: Education – Learn more about The United Methodist Church and schools.
More about our bishops
- Listen to more bishops’ personal faith stories.
- Find out about our Council of Bishops.
- Feeling called to ministry? We have resources to help you explore your call.
Join the conversation
- Email our host Joe Iovino about this episode, ideas for future topics, or any other thoughts you would like to share.
Help us spread the word
- Tell others: members of your church, coworkers, and anyone else might benefit from these conversations.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on iTunes, Google Play, or wherever you download the episode. Great reviews help others find us.
- Read the transcript of this episode.
More Get Your Spirit in Shape episodes
Thank you for listening, downloading, and subscribing.
This episode originally posted on May 23, 2018.