How to Hear God Better: Get Your Spirit in Shape
Prayer is more than talking to God. We should also listen to hear from God.
United Methodist pastor and author the Rev. Adam Weber shares tips on how we can become better listeners by asking God to speak, learning God's voice, tuning in to hear God in unexpected places, and quieting the noise in our lives that can get in the way. Listen and learn how you can improve your ability to hear God speaking in your life today.
Adam Weber is the founding pastor of Embrace United Methodist Church, a multi-site congregation in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and the author of Talking with God: What to Say When You Don't Know How to Pray.
Get Your Spirit in Shape
- Talking with God, Adam’s book
- AdamWeber.com blog and website
- Embrace United Methodist Church where Adam is the founding pastor
- The Conversation, Adam’s podast
Popular UMC.org stories
- ‘Speak, Lord. Your servant is listening.’ Hearing from God - partially based on this conversation
- Talking with God through Prayer - Adam Weber podcast from July 2017
- Too busy to pray? See tips to find more time
- We can pray anywhere. Where's your favorite place?
- Video Prayers and Meditations
- 10 Ways to improve your prayer life
- United Methodist Children on Prayer
Join the conversation
- Tell us your story about a time you heard from God.
Help us spread the word
- Tell others: members of your church, coworkers, and anyone else might benefit from these conversations.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on iTunes, Google Play, or wherever you download the episode. Great reviews help others find us.
- Read the transcript of this episode.
More Get Your Spirit in Shape episodes
Thank you for listening, downloading, and subscribing.
This episode originally posted on June 8, 2018.