Facing Fear with Faith: Get Your Spirit in Shape
“Every person wrestles with fear on some level,” teaches the Rev. Adam Hamilton, United Methodist pastor and author of Unafraid: Living with Courage and Hope in Uncertain Times. For the most part, that's good. Fear keeps us from stepping out in front of cars and getting too close to the edge of a cliff. But sometimes, our fear sensors misfire and create worries that can keep us up at night and steal the joy from our days.
In this episode, we’re talking with Adam Hamilton about facing our worry and fear with courage and faith!
Get Your Spirit in Shape
Unafraid by Adam Hamilton
- Unafraid: Living with Courage and Hope in Uncertain Times is available everywhere.
- Unafraid Study Resources
- More books by Adam Hamilton on Cokesbury.com
Popular related items on UMC.org
- ‘Let not your hearts be troubled’: How faith can calm false fears by Joe Iovino contains advice from Adam Hamilton and Lauren Gaskill.
- Ways to keep the faith when the world seems wicked by Joe Iovino
- Finding healing and peace in a polarized political climate
- A place to find information and get involved in worrisome social issues
- An earlier Get Your Spirit in Shape episode with Adam Hamilton: Christmas through Joseph’s Eyes
Join the conversation
- Email our host Joe Iovino about this episode, ideas for future topics, or any other thoughts you would like to share.
Help us spread the word
- Tell others: members of your church, coworkers, and anyone else might benefit from these conversations.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Review us on iTunes, Google Play, or wherever you download the episode. Great reviews help others find us.
- Read the transcript of this episode.
More Get Your Spirit in Shape episodes
Thank you for listening, downloading, and subscribing.
This episode originally posted on April 20, 2018.