Skip Navigation

Where can I find a record of my baptism?


United Methodist records of baptism are kept by the local church (as long as the congregation exists).

If you know the name and location of the church where you were baptized, you can use the Find-A-Church website to obtain contact information. If you need assistance locating or identifying the church, contact InfoServ.

If the congregation ceases to exist, its records are transferred to the annual (regional) conference archives. The General Commission on Archives and History provides an online directory of local and regional archives.