Begin with these steps:
- Learn about regional efforts that are helping churches and individuals remain in The UMC. Your annual conference is the best place to find resources and support.
- Reach out to your pastor and District Superintendent to discuss what is happening and inquire about discernment processes they can facilitate in your church.
- Connect with others in your church who want to remain United Methodist. This booklet may help.
- Learn more about disaffiliation, which is not a simple or quick process.
- Use resources to help people understand what disaffiliation means, what misinformation is being shared and what the continuing United Methodist Church will look like. Explore a collection of resources below.
- Remind people of the transformational, global presence of our denomination around the world.
- Mobilize members of your church to take action, speak up, be present, attend all meetings and gatherings, and vote on all motions and measures that will impact your congregation.