Grace United Methodist Church
The Communications and A/V Specialist will direct and manage the church’s online presence, internal and external communications, promotions and public relations through our website, social media, and traditional media resources. They will form, in collaboration with the pastoral leadership and communications committee, our communications and outreach plan with the goal of furthering the vision and mission of Grace UMC.
The Specialist will be responsible for regular updates to the website in addition to maintaining a regular schedule of social media updates and outreach. They will assist in the creation of content by managing live recording, video and audio, as well as creating graphical designs for use in communications and worship.
This position will be 25 hours (requiring Sundays) and compensation will be between $35,000 and $38,000 per year.
- Plans and organizes the church’s communication and digital strategies.
- Advises staff and congregation on best practices for internal and external communication.
- Publishes and updates regular content for websites, social media, and printed newsletters.
- Operates and manages the church’s A/V equipment with a team of volunteers.
- Produces live streaming for Sunday worship and other services.
- Participates in all staff meetings, worship, and special service planning.
- Assist with office IT issues and advise the staff on digital concerns.
- Has experience and skill with website design and maintenance, especially with WordPress.
- Has experience and skill with online media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Constant Contact.
- Has experience and skill with streaming and video/audio editing, with programs like vMix, OBS and Audacity.
- Has experience and skill with Microsoft 365, especially Microsoft Publisher, Word, and Teams.
Position ideally to start in June. Accepting applications until May 7th. Applicants should submit a cover letter introducing themselves and a Resume/CV to Pastor Dane Wood at [email protected].
Organization: Grace United Methodist Church
Contact: Pastor Dane Wood
Closing Date: 06/06/2021