General Conference 2016
2016 Pre-Conference Briefings
- Jan. 20–22: Portland, Oregon.
- Feb. 5–7: Manila Philippines
- Feb 12–15: Either Africa University near Mutare or Harare, Zimbabwe
- Feb. 19–22: Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Feb. 26–29: Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
- March 6–9: Samara, Russia
The United Methodist Church’s top legislative body will meet at the Oregon Convention Center, the largest convention center in the Pacific Northwest, on May 10-20, 2016.
General Conference is the top policy-making body of The United Methodist Church which meets once every four years.
The conference can revise church law, as well as adopt resolutions on current moral, social, public policy and economic issues. It also approves plans and budgets for church-wide programs.
- Connectional Table launches #CTTalks in preparation for General Conference 2016
- United Methodist Communications to host Pre-General Conference Briefing, January 20-22
- General Conference sites chosen for 2024 and 2028
- Commission on General Conference favors discernment process
- Technology will bridge languages at 2016 General Conference
- Commission on the General Conference to hold listening session in Portland
- Plans under way to make Discipline truly global
- Early warning proposed for General Conference legislation
- How technology could help General Conference delegates
- Housing for General Conference
On Tues., Oct. 27, 2015 at 12 p.m. EST, housing for U.S. delegates and first reserves will open. A link to the official housing reservations site will be sent via email that morning. If you do not receive it, please contact us by email or phone: (800) 262-9974.
- Legislative Committee assignments:
English | French | Portuguese
Legislation and Rulings
- Search for past legislation: 2012 | 2008
- Judical Council Decision 1274 regarding the authority of Commission on General Conference to determine delegate numbers
- Judicial Council Decision and Dockets