General Conference 2016
The United Methodist Church’s top legislative body will meet at the Oregon Convention Center, the largest convention center in the Pacific Northwest, on May 10-20, 2016.
General Conference is the top policy-making body of The United Methodist Church which meets once every four years. The conference can revise church law, as well as adopt resolutions on current moral, social, public policy and economic issues. It also approves plans and budgets for church-wide programs.
- Early warning proposed for General Conference legislation
- How technology could help General Conference delegates
- Music or dance ensembles sought for General Conference
- Portland to Host 2016 United Methodist General Conference
- General Conference 2016 delegates allotted
- 2016 General Conference to see drop in delegates
- Minneapolis chosen as General Conference 2020 site
Legislation and Rulings
- How to submit a petition:
English | Portuguese
- Search for past legislation: 2012 | 2008
- Judical Council Decision 1274 regarding the authority of Commission on General Conference to determine delegate numbers
- Judicial Council Decision and Dockets