General Conference 2016
Petitions will be accepted from April 1 through Oct. 13, 2015.
The United Methodist Church’s top legislative body will meet at the Oregon Convention Center, the largest convention center in the Pacific Northwest, on May 10-20, 2016.
General Conference is the top policy-making body of The United Methodist Church which meets once every four years. The conference can revise church law, as well as adopt resolutions on current moral, social, public policy and economic issues. It also approves plans and budgets for church-wide programs.
- Deadline July 31: Volunteer Marshals and Pages needed for General Conference
- General Conference sites chosen for 2024 and 2028
- Commission on General Conference favors discernment process
- Technology will bridge languages at 2016 General Conference
- Commission on the General Conference to hold listening session in Portland
- Plans under way to make Discipline truly global
- Early warning proposed for General Conference legislation
- How technology could help General Conference delegates
- Volunteers needed for General Conference
Legislation and Rulings
- Submit a petition through Oct. 13, 2015.
- How to submit a petition:
English | Français | Português | Kiswahili
- Search for past legislation: 2012 | 2008
- Judical Council Decision 1274 regarding the authority of Commission on General Conference to determine delegate numbers
- Judicial Council Decision and Dockets