Assessing the worldwide mission of the church
And Are We Yet Alive!
Assessing the Worldwide Mission of The United Methodist Church
The Connectional Table is pleased to share news about the development of a new global assessment process that will help us learn about the impact of our worldwide mission as The United Methodist Church. We have invited annual conferences, general agencies, the General Council on Finance and Administration, the Connectional Table and the Council of Bishops to participate in developing a denomination-wide assessment tool that will help us assess our worldwide missional impact.
At the bottom of this page is a link to a questionnaire that will provide important information to the Connectional Table to help develop this assessment tool. This questionnaire is not the assessment tool, but rather a way to gather information to develop the assessment tool. We anticipate it will take about 1-2 hours to complete.
DownloadABLE DOCUMENTS (WORD)
A Focus on UMC Missional Priorities
The Council of Bishops, the Connectional Table, General Council on Finance and Administration, general agencies, and many annual conferences and local churches have continued to affirm, clarify and embrace our common mission to make world-transforming disciples through the Four Areas of Focus. The Connectional Table seeks to assess the church on the Four Areas of Focus, which are:
- Improving global health by combatting the killer diseases of poverty
- Engaging in ministry with the poor
- Developing principled Christian leaders for the church and the world
- Creating new places for new people and revitalizing existing congregations
Our key questions are:
- What are you hoping to accomplish in each area of focus?
- What measures or indicators do you track to know about the impact of your ministry in each area of focus?
- What measures or indicators would be helpful to track to know about the impact of your ministry in each area of focus?
We know that your organization has additional essential ministries and priorities; therefore we have included a place on the questionnaire for you to tell us more about your unique or contextual goals and measures in these areas. We are also interested in your approach to improving operational effectiveness.
For questions or to email your responses to the Connectional Table, please contact Cynthia Dopke at email@example.com.
Fax Number: 866-324-6325
The Connectional Table
8765 W. Higgins Rd, Suite 404
Chicago, IL 60631