2013 New Mexico Annual Conference
May 29 June 1, Clovis, N.M.
Officiating bishop: W. Earl Bledsoe
Guest speakers: Bishop Larry Goodpaster, Western North Carolina Conference
Memorable points or quotes by speakers:
- Outstanding Worship music and choirs from the Clovis District of the NMAC
- Receiving of Bishop Earl Bledsoe and wife, Valerie, to NMAC during Opening Worship
- 4 Special offerings highlighted significant missions from Clovis District: Warrior Wash (aiding PTSD of returning Vets); Mission Santa Elena (Community UMC Ruidoso work in Creel Mexico with Tarahumara Indian children); LifeLight Ministries (McMurry University Christian Ed work within India); and Matt 25 Hope Center (help for indigent folks in Clovis area). Personal witness shared by each project.
Main actions enacted by the conference:
- Passing of new Conference Budget
- Welcoming of El Buen Samaritano UMC, Albuquerque, N.M., into NMAC from dissolving Rio Grande Conference.
Resolutions adopted by the conference:
- Adoption of an Arrearage Policy (Equit. Comp)
- Discontinuance of Relationship with Roy United Church, Roy, N.M.
- Discontinuance of House UMC, House N.M.
- Related to Rental/Housing Allowances for Retired/Disabled Clergypersons of NMAC
- Relating to Suspension of Rules to Retain Existing Members on NM BOPHB
- Resolution for change in Chair of the NM Conference Ministry Team
Actions taken on proposed constitutional amendments from 2012 General Conference: All approved as presented
Number of people ordained, commissioned or received into associate membership and average age: 3 people; average age: 48
Number of people retired: 11
Membership: Stands at 34,440, down 824 from the previous year.
Worship attendance: Stands at 14,126, down 614.
Church school attendance: Stands at 5,258, down 591.
- Cheryl Hicks, Online Communications, New Mexico Conference Office