Get Your Spirit in Shape: Way of Life
“What would happen,” asks author and speaker Brian McLaren, “if we could promise the people in our community, ‘Listen if you become part of this community we will help you. A year from now you’ll be a more loving person’?”
The method of United Methodism has always been about a way of life, learning to live and love as Jesus teaches. John Wesley talked about it as “universal love filling the heart, and governing the life.”
In this podcast episode, McLaren talks about his new study Way of Life and the book upon which it is based, The Great Spiritual Migration. Along the way we also talk about Wesleyan small groups, handling criticism, and more.
Get Your Spirit in Shape
- Brian McLaren’s website—brianmclaren.net
- Way of Life study: Leader Guide | Participant Guide | DVD
- Other books by Brian McLaren
- Brian McLaren’s blog
Popular Wesleyan way of life resources on UMC.org
- The method of United Methodism: a 3-part series by Joe Iovino
- Get Your Spirit In Shape: Everyday Disciples podcast episode with leaders from United Methodist Discipleship Ministries talking about the importance of Covenant Discipleship groups today.
- Wesleyan Small Groups for Today: a 4-part series by Joe Iovino
Help us spread the word
- Tell others. Share what you are hearing with members of your church, coworkers, and whomever else might benefit from these conversations. And share us on Facebook and other social media.
- Review us. Go to where you got the podcast (iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher), and write a review. Reviews move us up in searches, and help others find us.
More Get Your Spirit in Shape episodes
- Read the transcript of this episode.
Join the conversation
- Email our host Joe Iovino about this episode, ideas for future topics, or any other thoughts you would like to share.
Thank you for listening, downloading, and subscribing.
This episode was originally released November 17, 2017.