Get Your Spirit in Shape: Meet Bishop Rodolfo A. Juan
A lifelong United Methodist, Bishop Rudy grew up in a church founded by his grandparents. During his early years, he considered a career in law working for justice for the poor farmers of his community. A miraculous healing when he was a teenager caused him to change course and enter the ordained ministry. Bishop Rudy has served as an influential pastor, a military chaplain, and is currently bishop of the Davao Episcopal Area in the Philippines. He is the spiritual director of the Philippines Emmaus Walk, and instituted a day of tree planting across his episcopal area. Listen and meet Bishop Rudy Juan.
Bishop Rodolfo A. Juan has been elected bishop three times, and has now served in every United Methodist area in the nation.
Get Your Spirit in Shape
Bishop Rodolfo A. Juan
- Bishop Rudy's bio on UMC.org
- The Davao Episcopal Area, where Bishop Rudy currently serves
- Bishop Rudy's tree-planting ministry on UMC.org
- The Emmaus Walk
The United Methodist Church in the Philippines
- The Council of Bishops of The United Methodist Church
- History of Philippines Central Conference
- The Central Conferences of The United Methodist Church
Help us spread the word
- Tell others. Share what you are hearing with members of your church, coworkers, and whomever else might benefit from these conversations. And share us on Facebook and other social media.
- Review us. Go to where you got the podcast (iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher), and write a review. Reviews move us up in searches, and help others find us.
Join the conversation
- Email our host Joe Iovino about this episode, ideas for future topics, or any other thoughts you would like to share.
- Read the transcript of this episode.
More Get Your Spirit in Shape episodes
Thank you for listening, downloading, and subscribing.