Get Your Spirit in Shape: Learning about God by Listening to Kids
What can we learn about God and our Christian faith from children?
“For me it was just learning again about the heart of God from the heart of a child,” shares the Rev. Jacob Armstrong of Providence United Methodist Church in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee, who interviewed 59 children about their faith. “They just did it a lot better than we usually do, I think.”
In this episode of the Get Your Spirit in Shape podcast, we talk to Armstrong and Jennifer Rodia, Chief Communications Officer at United Methodist Communications, about those interviews. There are lots of laughs and surprises, but there is also much to learn from the children.
Get Your Spirit in Shape
“Their Words. Our Beliefs.”
- “Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors.” explained by the children, and a behind-the-scenes overview of the campaign.
- Watch the “Children's questions for God” videos.
- “Easter Miracles” - Read a story and watch a video of the children's responses.
- Learn more about the national advertising campaigns of The United Methodist Church.&
- Providence United Methodist Church, Mt. Juliet, TN when Jacob serves as lead pastor.
- Books by Jacob Armstrong at Cokesbury.com.
- Read the transcript of this episode.
More Get Your Spirit in Shape episodes
Join the conversation
- Email our host Joe Iovino about this episode, ideas for future topics, or any other thoughts.
Help us spread the word
- Tell others. Share what you are hearing with members of your church, coworkers, and whomever else might benefit from these conversations. And share us on Facebook and other social media.
- Review us. Go to where you got the podcast (iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher), and write a review. Reviews move us up in searches, and help others find us.
Thank you for listening, downloading, and subscribing.
This episode was first published in June 2017.