Get Your Spirit in Shape: How Science Led from Atheism to Faith
What do we do with our doubt? While we would like a level of certainty about our faith, questions persist about the Bible, science, and other things we’ve been taught about God.
In this episode, we talk with Mike McHargue, a United Methodist, popular podcaster, and author of Finding God in the Waves: How I Lost My Faith and Found It Again through Science. “Science Mike,” as he is known in his podcasts, shares how after being raised in a Christian home, his doubts and questions led him to conclude that God did not exist. After an unexpected personal encounter with Jesus, he returned to a new understanding of faith that welcomes and embraces questions.
If you have ever wrestled with doubt, or are struggling with questions about faith, you are sure to find encouragement in this conversation.
Get Your Spirit in Shape
- Finding God in the Waves – Mike’s book
- Hello, I’m Science Mike – Mike’s website and blog
- Ask Science Mike Podcast
- The Liturgists Podcast hosted by Mike and Michael Gungor
- Good Samaritan United Methodist Church – Mike’s home church
More resources at UMC.org
- ‘God, why have your left me?’ What people of faith can do with doubt by Joe Iovino
- What’s a parent to do? There’s an atheist in the house by Susan Passi-Klaus
- Read the transcript of this episode.
More Get Your Spirit in Shape episodes
Join the conversation
- Email our host Joe Iovino about this episode, ideas for future topics, or any other thoughts.
Help us spread the word
- Tell others. Share what you are hearing with members of your church, coworkers, and whomever else might benefit from these conversations. And share us on Facebook and other social media.
- Review us. Go to where you got the podcast (iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher), and write a review. Reviews move us up in searches, and help others find us.
Thank you for listening, downloading, and subscribing.
This podcast was posted in January 2017.