Get Your Spirit in Shape: God’s Precious Gift of Water
Many people around the world do not have easy access to clean, safe water. Have you ever wondered what you can do to make a difference?
In this podcast episode, Lorrie King from the United Methodist Committee on Relief shares just how pervasive the problem is, and offers everyday tips that will help us conserve and protect God's precious gift of water.
Get Your Spirit in Shape
Lorrie King and UMCOR
- WASH (water, sanitation, and hygiene), United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR)
- Food Security program at UMCOR
- Global Ministries, Global Health
- Four Areas of Focus of The United Methodist Church
- In 2014, Lorrie King was named one of CNN's 10 Visionary Women: Stigma Stopper.
- Contact Lorrie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Popular resources on UMC.org
- Read A Christian calling: Save water, save lives by Joe Iovino.
- Watch Flowing Water: The Christian Connection.
- Read Christians and Creation: 'You can't love God and ignore the Earth.'
- Read official statements about water from The United Mehtodist Social Principles and Book of Resolutions.
- Bonus: Explore the United Methodist Women's website on water use.
- Read the transcript of this episode.
More Get Your Spirit in Shape episodes
Join the conversation
- Email our host Joe Iovino about this episode, ideas for future topics, or any other thoughts.
Help us spread the word
- Tell others. Share what you are hearing with members of your church, coworkers, and whomever else might benefit from these conversations. And share us on Facebook and other social media.
- Review us. Go to where you got the podcast (iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher), and write a review. Reviews move us up in searches, and help others find us.
Thank you for listening, downloading, and subscribing.
This episode was first published on August 14, 2017.