Get Your Spirit in Shape: Following Jesus Every Day
Being a disciple means following Jesus in all times and in all places. Every moment in our lives is an opportunity to tell someone about Jesus, to pray through our day, to pause in awe and worship, and to give of our time and resources to help others.
The Rev. Junius Dotson, who serves as the leader of United Methodist Discipleship Ministries, offers practical tips for daily living that will help us grow closer to Jesus every day.
Get Your Spirit in Shape
The Rev. Junius Dotson
- A brief bio of Rev. Dotson
- His blog page on the Discipleship Ministries website
- United Methodist Discipleship Ministries website
- See All the People — Junius mentions this initiative
Popular stories on discipleship at UMC.org
- What is a disciple? — Dotson talks about the ways we can serve Jesus every day.
- What does it mean to be saved? — Dotson describes the assurance that comes after accepting Jesus.
- Everyday disciples — a Get Your Spirit in Shape episode
- The Method of United Methodism — our disciple-making history
- Prayer — stories and videos on praying
- Discipleship Ministries — an overview of this General Agency
Join the conversation
- Email our host Joe Iovino about this episode, ideas for future topics, or any other thoughts you would like to share.
Help us spread the word
- Tell others. Share what you are hearing with members of your church, coworkers, and whomever else might benefit from these conversations. And share us on Facebook and other social media.
- Review us. Go to where you got the podcast (iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher), and write a review. Reviews move us up in searches, and help others find us.
More Get Your Spirit in Shape episodes
- Read the transcript of this episode.
Thank you for listening, downloading, and subscribing.
This episode first posted on March 16, 2018.