Get Your Spirit in Shape: Changing Pastors? It’s Going to be Okay
In the months of June and July, many United Methodist congregations are in the midst of a pastoral change. It has been announced that the pastor we have known for years is being appointed to another congregation or retiring, and a new pastor is on the way.
In this conversation United Methodist pastor, author and speaker about pastoral transitions, the Rev. Robert Kaylor, shares ideas on how we might be receptive to new clergy leadership and help our congregation move through this season of transition.
Mostly, though, he wants each of us going through a pastoral change to know that everything is going to be okay.
Get Your Spirit in Shape
Rev. Robert Kaylor
- BobKaylor.com — Kaylor's website and blog
- Your Best Move — Kaylor's book
- Your Best Move: The Transition Package — Includes copies of book and access to webinars led by Kaylor. Great for Pastor/Staff Parish Relations Committees.
- "We’re getting a new pastor! What can I do?" — A related story on UMC.org.
- "Our pastor is being moved to another church. How is this decision made?" — More on how United Methodist churches receive new pastors.
- Read the transcript of this episode
More Get Your Spirit in Shape episodes
Join the conversation
- Email our host Joe Iovino about this episode, ideas for future topics, or any other thoughts.
Help us spread the word
- Tell others. Share what you are hearing with members of your church, coworkers, and whomever else might benefit from these conversations. And share us on Facebook and other social media.
- Review us. Go to where you got the podcast (iTunes | Google Play), and write a review. Reviews move us up in searches, and help others find us.
Thank you for listening, downloading, and subscribing.