Get Your Spirit in Shape: Can You Be Social and Spiritual Too?
Have you ever thought of using Facebook in your spiritual life?
Most of us use social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, to keep up with friends, family, celebrities, and even the people we knew in high school. We can also use them to keep up with our spiritual lives.
The Rev. R. Scott Miller, a United Methodist pastor in Ohio and the founder of TeKnowPreach—an online community that helps pastors and churches use technology to enhance their ministries—shares some ideas about how we can use social media to grow spiritually, and to share the story of our faith journeys when we post.
Get Your Spirit in Shape
Rev. R. Scott Miller
- TeKnowPreach - Miller's online community "where technology and ministry reach out together."
- The United Methodist Church on Facebook
- The United Methodist Church on Twitter
- The United Methodist Church on Instagram
- Acts of Mercy / Acts of Piety - Joe brings this up in the episode.
- Read the transcript of this episode
More Get Your Spirit in Shape episodes
Join the conversation
- Email our host Joe Iovino about this episode, ideas for future topics, or any other thoughts.
Help us spread the word
- Tell others. Share what you are hearing with members of your church, coworkers, and whomever else might benefit from these conversations. And share us on Facebook and other social media.
- Review us. Go to where you got the podcast (iTunes | Google Play), and write a review. Reviews move us up in searches, and help others find us.
Thank you for listening, downloading, and subscribing.