Skip Navigation

Can my former pastor come back to perform my wedding?


You will first need to talk with the pastor at the church where your wedding will be held. In The United Methodist Church, pastors can only conduct services in another church by invitation. "Any leadership roles taken by other clergy should be at the invitation of the pastor of the church where the service is held."
(From The United Methodist Book of Worship. Copyright © 1992 by The United Methodist Publishing House. Used by permission.)