What Is Workers’ Compensation And Employers’ Liability Insurance?
This policy protects employees and employers if an employee gets hurt at work. There are two components to this policy: Workers’ Compensation and Employers’ Liability.
- Protects employees from lost wages when injured on the job
- Covers lost income, medical and rehabilitation costs and a death benefit
- Required in all states
- No limits on liability
Employees can include:
- Full- and part-time workers who receive a W2
- Contracted workers who work exclusively for the church
- Protects against civil liability for injured workers not eligible for workers’ compensation
- Covers legal fees, settlements and judgments
- Liability limits include:
- $1,000,000 per employee for bodily injury as a result of an accident
- $1,000,000 per employee for bodily injury as a result of disease
- $1,000,000 for the entire policy for bodily injury as a result of disease