Employment Practices Liability
Similar to Directors’ and Officers’ coverage, the purpose of Employment Practices Liability is to protect an organization and its leadership against civil liability for “Wrongful Acts.” It protects the corporate entity and its Directors and Officers, including clergy, church officers, chapter members, and boards and leaders of church-related institutions.
Employment Practices Liability covers the following wrongful acts:
- Wrongful termination
- Allegations of discrimination
- Misrepresentation to an applicant
- Libel, slander, and defamation
- Failure to employ
- Deprived opportunity
- Wrongful evaluation or demotion
- Wrongful discipline
- Failure to enforce policy
Coverage - timing is crucial.
- The date of the occurrence must be after the policy’s retroactive date
- The claim must be filed during the policy’s term