What’s Happening on Thursday, May 3, 2012
Every morning the Committee on Agenda and Calendar meets at 6:30 a.m. with the presiding bishops for the day, and the chairs of the legislative committees. Here are some notes from that meeting:
- Presiding Bishops
- Bishop Thomas Bickerton
- Bishop Michael Coyner
- Bishop Scott Jones
- Bishop James Swanson
- As of this morning, the General Conference has dealt with 24% of the calendar items eligible for floor debate and consideration (non consent items).
- The focus of the morning’s session will be the constitutional name change from lay speaker to lay servant. This will be followed by several petitions related to human sexuality.
- The afternoon session will begin with a conversation on changes in the clergy pension plan.
- Other items which may be considered:
- Constitutional changes on the ability of agencies to make decisions on funding and other items between General Conferences.
- Certified advocates
- Fund budgets
- Bishop retirement
- Balance between lay and clergy
- General agency petitions