What’s Happening on 5/2/2012
Every morning the Committee on Agenda and Calendar meets at 6:30 a.m. with the presiding bishops for the day, and the chairs of the legislative committees. Here are some notes from that meeting:
- Presiding Bishops
- Bishop Michael Watson
- Bishop Janice Riggle Huie
- Bishop H. Warner Brown Jr.
- Bishop Robert Hoshibata
- As of this morning, the General Conference has dealt with 15% of the calendar items eligible for floor debate and consideration (non consent items).
- Issues which may be considred this morning:
- Complaint Process Revision
- Church Restructuring (PlanUMC)
- UMC relationship with Israel/Palestine (including divestiture)
- Change of name from “lay speaker” to “lay servant”
- Balance between lay and clergy