On the Agenda—Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Here’s what’s up for GC2012 today:
- People will be arriving and registering throughout the day.
- Most of the morning will be taken by various committee meetings as the General Conference organizes itself, including:
- Orientation for Delegation Heads
- Committee on the Agenda and Calendar
- Committee on Courtesies
- Committee on Credentials
- Committee on the Journal
- Standing Committee on General Conference Matters
- Briefing for delegates under the age of 30
- Briefing for racial and ethnic minority delegates
- Briefing for women delegates
- Orientation for seminary students
- Orientation for first time delegates
- The event really kicks off at 4:00 p.m. with Opening Worship and Holy Communion.
- The event will bestreamed liveon the new.
- We will be live blogging from the worship service athttp://www.gc2012conversations.com/category/live-blog/
- After a dinner break, the Conference will reconvene for the organization of the General Conference at 7:30 p.m. This will likewise bestreamed live.
Tomorrow the work of legislative committees begins…