Aviation ministry gets new wings and a prayer
United Methodists commission new medical mission plane for DRC
From May 12-20, 2013, supporters at several stops in the West Ohio Conference blessed and commissioned the new Wings of the Morning Cessna Caravan airplane. Wings of the Morning is an aviation ministry of the North Katanga Annual Conference in the Democratic Republic of the Congo that provides transportation for those in need of hospital care, who would otherwise travel many miles and days to reach the nearest clinic.Its pilot, Gaston Ntambo, was trained and educated in West Ohio 20 years ago, supported in large part by Epworth United Methodist Church in Toledo and other area United Methodists. United Methodists from across the global denomination raised over $2.1M in a two-year campaign.
Major Donors of the Caravan Campaign include:
- Churches and people of the West Ohio Conference of The United Methodist Church
- Churches and people of the Greater New Jersey Conference of The United Methodist Church
- Churches and people of the Arkansas Conference of The United Methodist Church
- Churches and people of the North Katanga Conference of The United Methodist Church
- General Board of Global Ministries of The United Methodist Church
- United Methodist Church of the Resurrection, Leawood, Kansas
Learn more about Wings of the Morning.
Comments will not appear until approved by a moderator, which will occur daily.
Comments that include profanity or other inappropriate language, or that personally attack other readers, will not be posted. While we welcome constructive criticism of the church, we will not post comments that attack or demean the denomination. Authors whose comments are consistently unacceptable will be blocked from the site. If you would like to contact UMNS directly with a question or concern, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Seven days after a story is posted, the comments will be closed.