Youth Ministry AssistantHendersonville, North Carolina (NC) 28792
First United Methodist Church of Hendersonville, North Carolina is seeking a Youth Ministry Assistant (part time staff position, 25 hours per week) to begin service on June 5, 2017. Hendersonville is a picturesque small town, just south of Asheville in the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina. We are a vibrant congregation with an abiding passion for missional engagement and a deep commitment to nurturing our youth as they develop a meaningful and lasting faith as disciples of Christ.
The Youth Ministry Assistant will work closely with our Director of Youth Ministry in all facets of our ministry to 6th - 12th graders, including: Sunday evening youth programs (supper, games, worship, small groups); Sunday morning and mid-week small groups; monthly group outings; summer mission trips (domestic and international); local service projects; and high school and middle school retreats. Our Sunday evening program averages 60-70 in attendance and routinely attracts youth from outside our church.
Our ideal candidate possesses:
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline and/or comparable experience in leading and serving within a congregation
- Experience working with adolescents (paid or volunteer)
- Highly developed relational skills with a passion for walking alongside youth in their faith journeys
- An understanding of and commitment to the theology and traditions of the United Methodist faith and the willingness to model the core values of our church
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to ensure timely and effective communications with parents and participants through weekly email blasts, newsletters, etc.
- Competency in the effective and appropriate use of social media and technology
- Organizational skills, as well as the willingness to take the initiative and accept accountability
- The ability to recruit, train and inspire volunteers
- A collaborative spirit to work as part of a ministry team
Due to the nature of youth ministry, office hours will be adjusted when retreats, mission trips and other special events are scheduled.
A background check and references are required. Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter supporting their qualifications for the Youth Ministry Assistant position to Mary Casey, Chair of our Staff Parish Relations Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Organization: First United Methodist Church of Hendersonville
- Contact: Mary Casey
- Phone: (828) 696-0545
- Email: email@example.com
- Closing Date: 06/05/17