University ChaplainAlliance, Ohio (OH), United States 44601
The University of Mount Union is seeking a University Chaplain. The Chaplain serves as campus and community Pastor for the University and provides structure and guidance for spiritual growth and development for students, faculty, and staff. The Office of the Chaplain embraces the tenets of the University mission and is dedicated to helping students attain their goals related to: fulfilling lives, meaningful work, and responsible citizenship. This position reports directly to the Vice President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Foster an environment of spiritual inclusivity on campus—welcoming and affirming diversity and supporting students, faculty, and staff from all faith traditions
- Provide pastoral care for the community
- Facilitate regular worship services on campus
- Coordinate interfaith worship endeavors and assist with provision of appropriate space for such activities
- Provide pastoral counseling to students, faculty, staff and others as appropriate
- Serve as advisor to Spiritual Life Leadership organization and provide support and liaison for students and advisors in the various spiritual life campus groups
- Identify and cultivate student leadership for religious activities and for future church ministry—work closely with faculty to identify and support students interested in religious life
- Coordinate and lead the annual baccalaureate service in conjunction with commencement activities
- Provide prayers and benedictions at special University functions such as commencement, convocations, banquets, dedications, etc.
- Assist, as needed, the relationship between University departments and the United Methodist Church
- Initiate relationships with local, regional, national and global efforts related to questions of faith, action, community service and servant leadership
- Manage all administrative aspects of the Chaplain’s Office—including event planning (weddings, funerals…), budgets, assessments, facility needs, etc.
- Serve as a member of the Student Affairs staff
- Supervise Chapel staff as well as student employees and volunteers
- Teach as a part-time instructor, as needed, in Religious Studies or other academic departments
- Master of Divinity degree
- Ordained Elder in the United Methodist Church (preferred)
- Five to seven years of progressive pastoral experience
The University offers a competitive compensation, based on qualifications. Fringe benefits include a 10% contribution by the University to TIAA after one year of service; contribution by the University toward hospitalization, major medical, disability, and group life insurance; tuition exchange for qualified dependents.
Please submit a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three references. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful background screening. For more information please see: http://www.mountunion.edu/university-chaplain.
- Organization: University of Mount Union
- Contact: Human Resources
- Phone: (330) 829-6560
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 08/11/17