OFFICE SECRETARY (VOLUNTEER, PERMANENT, PART-TIME, EXPERIENCED) NEEDED IMMEDIATELYBaltimore, Maryland (MD) 21218
This is a volunteer, part-time (2 days per week, 8 days per month) permanent position. Interested and qualified applicants, please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Only candidates of interest will be contacted.
Must be comfortable working for a Methodist Church with a reconciling congregation. The church has a strong focus on LGBT-Q rights, peace and justice issues, hunger, education, and community involvement.
Currently recruiting for an Office Secretary who will demonstrate flexibility and be available two (2) days per week as negotiated by you and the Pastor. If more hours are required, hours will be agreed upon and a stipend may be available.
Time will be spilt between performing some duties remotely (from home) and in the office.
The person in this position will be responsible for routine office duties. Primary direction and communication comes from the Pastor. Secondary communication comes from the Church Council, committee leaders, and the congregation.
To empower others within the community and support the achievements and strategic goals of the church, you will identify and cultivate candidates as needed for volunteer roles and leadership by recruiting and training additional volunteer staff.
Administrative (weekly): 50%
* Prepare and maintain activity calendars and schedules for the Pastor.
* Work with the Treasurer to maintain all Sunday offering envelopes: record and sort all monies received in offering for weekly deposit. Tabulate the weekly budget from Sunday's deposits and distribute copies to appropriate person(s).
* Plan and coordinate all meeting activities. Work closely with Committees, Ministries, and Church Council chairpersons to coordinate meetings and send out notices of all monthly meetings. Attend all Church Council meetings and other committee meetings as scheduled.
* Open and sort all incoming mail to appropriate person(s). Send outgoing mail.
* Prepare and photocopy weekly church bulletin, other special notices, flyers, and inserts.
Other Administrative: 40%
* Type, reproduce, and distribute bi-monthly Church Council minutes.
* Assistance with event coordination and logistics.
* Develop and coordinate a new program for receiving new visitors and members. Record information in a database.
* Handle all office telephone calls with frequent interruptions courteously and efficiently.
* Cooperate with the Pastor and other congregants in preparing materials for Special Programs (Bible Study, guest speakers, retreats, financial campaigns, etc.).
* Coordinate obtaining signatures and sending cards and notices of birthdays, condolences, get-well, and other event notifications to congregation members.
* Prepare periodic financial requests and fundraising letters as requested by financial secretary. Assist with keeping accurate records of the office budget.
* Assist with periodic preparation of grant materials.
Other Administrative Duties: 10%
* Periodically run outside errands.
* Annual Charge Conference: Prepares and mails letters out to members for the "Responsibility for Ministry to Members" Report; coordinates and prepares report booklet and annual statistical report; send letters out to Committee Chairs asking for their specific report information; types this information on the master Charge Conference forms.
* Two or more years of previous office experience.
* A.A. or B.A. degree.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office at the intermediate level or above.
* Demonstrate strong customer service, verbal, and written communication skills.
* The ability to work autonomously, remotely (from home), and with a team.
* Time management; able to prioritize duties.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
- Organization: St. John's United Methodist Church
- Contact: Kelly E Crawford
- Phone: 4437508048
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 04/30/17