OFFICE ADMINISTRATORBowie, Maryland (MD) 20715
ST. MATTHEW’S UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
14900 Annapolis Road, Bowie, MD 20715
Job Posting: OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
Schedule/Status: This is a full-time position (Monday-Friday)
Responsibilities: The Office Administrator performs a variety of office, clerical, administrative duties and program-support functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Providing clerical support for pastor(s), including managing pastor’s calendar and appointments;
- Training and working with office volunteers and staff, including supervising and assigning work to volunteers;
- Preparing and processing of outgoing and incoming correspondence, documents, records, and statistical reports;
- Preparing Church-printed materials (bulletins, other worship service materials, special mailings, etc.);
- Managing Church calendar, coordinating meetings, fees, resolving conflicts and managing logistical aspects;
- Receiving and screening incoming telephone calls and visitors to the Church office
- Managing Church’s email alert system;
- Maintaining address and contact information for church members in ACS system;
- Maintaining list of congregational needs, coordinating and communicating these needs with Visitation Pastor and Senior Pastor;
- Maintaining office equipment and office supplies;
- Maintaining membership, contribution and attendance data in church information system
- Maintaining official Church and Conference records in paper and computer form
- Coordinating logistics and support for funerals; coordinating hospitality and refreshments for selected events;
- Attending regular meetings: staff meeting, Administrative Board, Board of Trustees, Council on Ministries, Worship Committee
* Possesses a high school diploma, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in office administration or related activities. A college degree is preferable.
* Experienced in the operation of typical office equipment (with accurate typing skills), in the operation of word processing and other office automation software such as spreadsheets and Google.
* Possesses an excellent command of the English language and is proficient in grammar and spelling. Possesses good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to relate easily to people and to put them at ease in the church office environment.
* Ability to manage multiple time-critical priorities and tasks simultaneously.
* Capable of successfully completing any and all requirements as established by SMUMC and the Baltimore-Washington Conference Safe Sanctuaries Policy.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: St. Matthew's United Methodist Church
- Contact: St. Matthew's United Methodist Church SPPRC
- Email: email@example.com
- Closing Date: 04/30/17