Multi-media ManagerNashville, Tennessee (TN), United States 37203
Please apply online at: http://www.westendumc.org/media-manager
Principal Functions for this positionCreate and oversee the development of the multi-media ministry by integrating the new technology installed in the church. Manage the multi-media functions of the church including the oversight and training of volunteers.
Reports to: Director of Communications
- Work with the Multi-Media Ministry Team (MMMT) to establish and institute controls and procedures for all multi-media technology
- Coordinate and execute the use of IPads, AppleTV, and content management
- Create and coordinate the staffing of volunteers, including sound board coverage, video and audio production, and archiving; recruit and train those volunteers
- On Sunday mornings, trouble-shoot and assist staff and volunteers with the use of media
- Meet with staff to coordinate media needs including Live streaming
- Develop the newly-installed in-house media system as a tool for staff and members
- Manage the content management system for Christian Discipleship curriculum
- Upload curriculum and other software to server for staff and programs
- Manage and execute post-production work including the upload of Sunday services to the website
- Fill in as needed for filming and recording
- Manage and update the News Loop in coordination with the Communications Director
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year previous experience in an a/v control room preferred
- Basic understanding and capability of video editing
- Experience with Final Cut Pro preferred
- Must possess a proven ability to manage and work effectively with volunteers.
- Fluency with internet and content management systems
- Experience with remote camera operation
- Experience with signal flow, networking, digital audio board, and directing are pluses
- Church media experience preferred
- Well-lit, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Physical Demands: Ability to move media carts; access routers in the ceiling; climb stairs to sound board in balcony.
- Continuous work on computer to carry out daily tasks.
- Ability to listen to audio and video for recordings and editing.
Part-time Non-exempt Position: All Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings during months when programs are offered. Variable and flexible hours; other nights and Saturdays as needed (20-25 hours/week)
- Organization: West End United Methodist Church
- Contact: Melanie Paulson
- Phone: 6153218500
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 07/31/17