Human Resource ManagerBirmingham, Michigan (MI), United States 48009
Job Title: High School Ministry Coordinator
Position Type: Part-time, 20-25 hours/week
Direct Report: Director of Student Ministries
Role: To coordinate, communicate and complete ministries which help guide and assist High School students in their journey to know, love and serve God. These ministries may include, but are not limited to bible studies, youth groups, retreats and summer activities.
· A proven capability to multi-task and prioritize issues with a strong attention to details.
· Ability to read and interpret standard operating procedures, safety measures, routine reports and correspondence.
· Comfortable speaking before groups and congregation.
· Capable of identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner, while developing alternative solutions.
· Ability to identify and use appropriate forms of communication, to reach many different demographics with the same information quickly and effectively.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office with a basic knowledge of databases preferred.
· Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views and life situations.
· Capable of maintaining appropriate boundaries between professional and personal time through punctuality and undivided attention during work hours.
· Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust of others.
· Works with integrity and principles; keeps commitments.
· Adapts to changes in work environment, delays or unexpected events.
High School Ministry Coordinator
· Establish and maintain effective relations; exhibit consideration; offer assistance and support to co-workers.
· Express ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form; exhibit good listening and comprehension; ask for help; keep others adequately informed.
· Solicit feedback of ministries from participants, volunteers and staff.
· Manage difficult or emotional situations; responding promptly; including appropriate people in the problem solving process.
· Work within an approved budget.
· Look for ways to improve quality; identify opportunities; demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
· Observe safety and security procedures; determine appropriate action beyond guidelines; report potentially unsafe conditions.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; hear or smell. The employee may be required lift and /or move up to 20 pounds.
- Organization: Birmingham First United Methodist Church
- Contact: Kelly Willian
- Phone: 248-646-1200
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 09/29/17