Hispanic Music Worship LeaderCary, North Carolina (NC) 27511
The Hispanic Music Worship Leader (HMWL) is a part-time position (approx. 10 hours a week) that will directly oversee and provide spiritual leadership and creative support to leading the music and worship aspect of the Hispanic Worship experience at White Plains United Methodist Church in Cary, NC. This position requires planning and executing all music components of Hispanic worship including, but not limited to selection and arranging of music, developing and training volunteer worship leaders, recruiting and training volunteers for the Praise band, assisting in the weekly planning process and working collaboratively in a team setting. In addition to leading worship, the Hispanic Music Worship Leader will be responsible for casting vision around bringing creative expression into the worship experience.
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE:
The Hispanic Music/Worship Leader shall have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and demonstrate Christian maturity, love for God, and a passion for worship. The HMWL is responsible for overseeing and nurturing a culture and atmosphere of worship that promotes love, grace, joy, freedom, and unity through worship. The HMWL will directly oversee and provide spiritual leadership and creative support in leading the musical aspect of the contemporary worship service and other worship opportunities as requested at White Plains United Methodist Church (WPUMC). The HMWL will be responsible for creating a service of worship that emphasizes a variety of elements and styles that focuses on giving glory to God and inspiring our church community to full participation in the mission of God, which is to know Christ and make him known.
- Demonstrate a passion for Christ and his Kingdom through personal spiritual discipline and public ministry.
- Seek to grow in that relationship with Christ through personal spiritual discipline, education, accountability and service to his Kingdom.
- Must be a humble servant of the church, willing to work with and for others.
- Become part of our congregation and church life.
- Experience of leading a congregation in public worship, with a commitment of seeking to grow in that area, perhaps through further training.
- Musical skills: Ability to lead worship while playing the keyboard (leading while playing guitar would be acceptable, but priority would be given to those who could lead while playing keyboard.)
- Ability to sing and read music
- Ability to teach others his/her knowledge.
- Ability to work with children and their families.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English and knowledgeable of the Hispanic/Latino culture in the United States.
- Skill in direction of choir preferred but not required.
- Work with the Hispanic Pastor to create a well-planned and prayerful worship service Participate in monthly staff meeting Oversee and coordinate all musical aspects of the Hispanic worship service and work in collaboration with the Directors of Tradition & Contemporary Music for the Unified Services.
- Plan, coordinate and lead praise band, singers, and congregation in worship at weekly Sunday morning worship service.
- Plan and coordinate the Liturgy for every Worship Service being intentionally inclusive for all ages.
- Oversee and coordinate the music binders for the Worship teams, the Google Docs schedule & song selection file, file drawers for the sheet music, and to recommend any purchases of sheet music for the upcoming year.Work with the Worship team.
- Recruit new vocalists and instrumentalists as needed. Periodically review all instruments to make sure that they are in good working order or if anything needs to be repaired or need to purchase new instruments.
- Prepare a weekly devotional for the worship group.
- Plan, coordinate and lead a weekly rehearsal with the adult worship team.
- Plan, coordinate and lead a weekly rehearsal with the children’s worship team.
- Support and participate in any congregation event.
- Coordinate with the Traditional and Contemporary Worship Leaders and the Children’s Ministry Coordinators as needed.
- Organization: White Plains United Methodist Church
- Contact: Betty Walden
- Email: email@example.com
- Closing Date: 08/01/17