Field Project ManagerWest Africa Central Conference, West Africa
Position Overview: UMCom is presently seeking candidates for an addition to the ICT4D Team in the position of Field Project Manager, Central Conferences. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of project efforts.
Other responsibilities include the refinement of requirements, project coordination, development of plans and schedules, resource planning and estimation and project maintenance. Once a project is set in motion, individuals are expected to communicate major milestones, identify potential project risks, provide continuing direction to the project team and conduct regular status meetings to review project activities
ICT4D Field project management projects will service the West Africa Central Conference (Episcopal Areas: Cote d’Ivoire, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Nigeria) to build greater local access and capacity for using appropriate technologies.
This position requires 25-30% travel and will reside outside of the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Technology Management or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of standardized principles and concepts of global project management.
- Typically requires 2-5 years of IT work experience, including 2 or more years managing projects.
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.
- Experience working cross-culturally and with groups for whom English is not their first language Multilingual, with preference given to English and French or Portuguese
Responsibilities and skills include:
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with business owners, project sponsors, vendors and key clients.
- Develops, and continually updates, project plans and schedules
- Develops product breakdown structures.
- Identifies project dependencies prior to the start of the project.
- Works with the Business Analysts and the client to define/refine the project scope.
- Facilitates the gathering of information required to estimate project cost, resources, time and deliverables.
- Prepares all project management baseline products.
- Ensures that the project outcome reflects the goals of the client.
- Negotiates conflicts and resolves issues that arise.
- Acts as a mediator between stakeholders and team members.
- Resolves any issues and solves problems throughout the project life cycle.
- Determines staffing requirements and forms project teams.
- Develops budget requests for resources.
- Works with resource managers in order to effectively align resources across projects.
- Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts.
- Evaluates project performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Assists with identifying which resources need to be procured outside the organization.
- Describes technical or other issues that need to be considered and assists in the development of Statement of Work (SOWs).
- Determines if external consultants or contractors will be required to complete project plan.
- Recruits and manages appropriate staffing resources.
- Provides advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
- Evaluates service provider performance.
- Approves invoices for payment.
- Provides an issue escalation path and resolves vendor performance disputes.
- Identifies the elements of risk in a project.
- Analyzes and prioritizes project risks and assesses its potential impact to the client.
- Develops and maintains risk plans, processes and systems in order to mitigate risk.
- Creates action plan for risks that occur and follows through on plan.
- Maintains issue list, proactively escalating issues to project and departmental leadership to mitigate risk.
- Recommends and takes action to direct analysis and solution of problems.
- Estimates costs associated with a project including physical, financial and human capital costs.
- Develops a detailed cost baseline from cost estimations.
- Refines project cost estimates and confirms funding sources.
- Monitors and controls the actual cost of a project versus the budget.
- Reviews bills and evaluates factors that may potentially cause cost changes.
- Conducts in-depth root cause analysis of project budget discrepancies.
STANDARDS, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
- Utilizes established project standards, procedures.
- Contributes to the development of new quality metrics.
- Develops a communication plan to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests and critical issues to the client and project team.
- Assesses the effectiveness of the interaction and communication with the client and project team.
- Coaches or mentors less experienced personnel.
- Oversight of the United Methodist Radio Network:
- Expands use of Same Day Communications throughout West Africa Central Conference
- Localized Mapping Support- Training local volunteers on mapping UMC entities
- Project Management:
- In cooperation with UMCom Global Voices Team:
- In cooperation with UMCom Marketing and Communications Teams:
- Works in multicultural settings with church leaders to address project issues and needs.
- In cooperation with UMCom Global Voices Team:
- Organization: United Methodist Communications
- Contact: Danny Mai
- Email: email@example.com
- Closing Date: 08/18/17