Director of Youth MinistryWilmington , North Carolina (NC), USA 28409
POSITION: Director of Youth Ministries
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Pastor
POSITION STATUS: Full-time (40 hours) /Exempt
PURPOSE: The Director of Youth Ministries must have a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ; live a Christian lifestyle through devotional practices, commitment to prayer and spiritual growth; and be a part of Harbor through prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness. The Director will be responsible for the discipleship of youth Grades 6-12 through planning, coordinating, and implementing programming for two age groups (Middle School/High School) for a large, growing congregation while working within the United Methodist tradition.
- faithfully pray for the members of the staff and the church;
- accept the distinct spiritual gifts of each staff member and their God-given personalities;
- maintain confidentiality and discourage any discussion that does not build up, affirm or encourage others;
- be a generous receiver and giver of forgiveness;
- be willing to both give and receive praise and constructive criticism;
- respect the authority of those to whom I am responsible;
- live by a high standard of personal, professional and work ethic, striving always for excellence in ministry;
- strive for a healthy balance between my ministry responsibilities and my personal life;
- commit time to grow spiritually as an individual and as a staff member and encourage others in their walk with Christ;
- listen to other members of the staff, respect their opinions and always strive to keep the lines of communication open.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Professional experience working with church youth desired
- Demonstrated leadership qualities preferable in a Youth leader/Ministry
- Proven team player who can work well with parents, adults, staff, and the congregation
- Familiarity with United Methodist doctrine
- Possesses an understanding of the needs of and a desire to work with both Middle and High School age groups.
- Knowledge of current and cutting-edge resources, theory, best practices, and other “tools of the trade” relevant to youth ministry.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
1.Be committed to the vision, mission and strategy of Harbor UMC
2.Model a life of Christian discipleship through personal lifestyle and personal spiritual growth
3.Lead all facets of the Youth Program which includes but is not limited to Sunday School, Bible Study, Youth Group, and Confirmation Class.
4.Develop or implement curriculum for use in all programming that follows the United Methodist doctrine/tradition
5.Realize growth in the Youth Group in both grace and number based on attendance records and participation in discipleship opportunities
6.Follow United Methodist Safe Sanctuaries policy at all times
7.Plan annual retreat and mission opportunities for the youth to include budgeting, fundraising, registration, etc.
8.Recruit, train, and cultivate adults to be co-youth ministers
9.Hold meetings and communicate with Youth parents on a regular basis and additionally as needed
10.Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly Council and Education Committee meetings
11.Coordinate and lead annual Confirmation process.
12.Track all ministry expenses and work within the Youth Ministry Budget
13.Collaborate and interact with other United Methodists through participation in District and Conference Youth events
14.Attend at least 1 worship service weekly and assist as needed
15.Minister to youth through mentoring relationships and by curating environments in which other adults may do the same
16.Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Organization: Harbor UMC
- Contact: Rev. Russ Nanney
- Phone: 9194122026
- Email: email@example.com
- Closing Date: 06/30/17