Director of Youth MinistriesLITTLE ROCK, Arkansas (AR), USA 72201-4317
Director of Youth Ministries
Position Description: Full-time
The Director will oversee ministries to youth and their families, develop programs according to a thoughtful vision established for the youth ministries and create a balance of impactful service, enriching and entertaining social activities and faith development.
God's vision for FUMC has been identified by its membership as: Being good neighbors to make Little Rock a place where children THRIVE. The Director will set the vision for FUMC age level ministries and place primary emphasis on mentoring, mission and community. The vision will be created in light of FUMC's core values:
Trust – Empowering people to experience trust through honesty, vulnerability, and compassion.
Health – A sense of wholeness through spiritual, emotional, and physical health.
Relationships – Relationship building in any form is essential to understanding and relating to God who exists as a relationship.
Imagination – Understanding and relating to God through empowerment of the imagination and creativity.
Value – We are all children of God.
Education – Essential for being good neighbors and Kingdom building as we empower people to seek wisdom.
When preparing a resume for the Director position, please provide the following information:
- Please give an example with details of when you have demonstrated high initiative in a previous position or life situation.
- Please give an example of where you have demonstrated leadership in leading a team.
- Please cite an example of where you achieved successful execution on a project or task.
- What resources do you think you need to achieve success at FUMC?
- Please explain specific experiences or training that makes you an attractive candidate for this position.
- Ability to design and implement a wide range of age-appropriate ministry for youth.
- Ability to develop strong, healthy and supportive relationships with youth, their families and volunteers.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Nurture and develop one’s own spiritual journey and faith in Jesus Christ.
- Dedication to the church’s mission, appreciating its rather unique history and priorities among United Methodist churches in Arkansas.
- Strong work ethic with a willingness to work weekends and nights.
- Seek and participate in relevant continuing education on a regular basis.
- Effective verbal and written communication with youth, parents, guardians and church staff.
- Budgeting for activities, resources and expenses.
- Participative in church staff meetings, gatherings and coordinated events.
- Coordination skills to include FUMC youth in community activities, church wide activities, conference events and more.
- Skilled in initiating programs and activities “engaging” in spiritual growth.
- Meet regularly with volunteers for planning/training and relationship/team building.
College degree and/or five (5) years experience in a leadership position.
Must submit to a criminal background check.
Please submit your resume with cover letter Mon-Fri between the hours of 8:30am-4:30pm to Christi Harper at First United Methodist Church 723 Center St. Little Rock AR, 72201 or email@example.com.
- Organization: First United Methodist Church Little Rock
- Contact: Christi Harper
- Phone: 501-372-2256
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 08/02/17