Director of Music and Worship ArtsBarrington, Illinois (IL) 60010
Barrington United Methodist Church (BUMC), a dynamic United Methodist Church congregation of almost 1000 members, is seeking a Director of Music and Worship Arts (DMWA) with experience in a broad range of worship arts. Responsibilities include:
• Planning and organizing a multifaceted and diverse music and arts ministry, consistent with the BUMC vision for music and worship arts, working in collaboration with clergy to provide meaningful worship experiences.
• Personally leading or overseeing the leadership of musical ensembles, including choir and worship ensembles, youth and children’s music, men’s ensemble, and handbell ensemble, and overseeing the accompanist and other musicians
• Personally leading or overseeing the leadership of visual, media and dramatic arts for worship
• Education Requirements: Advanced degree in sacred music/worship preferred.
• Position Status: Full time position
For a complete job description, visit www.barringtonumc.com or click on the link.
Applications should consist of the following:
1. Letter of application, which should include a summary of education, technical skill, call to ministry, philosophy of collaboration, communication practices, and organizational techniques
2. Resume or Curriculum Vitae (please include experience related to other worship art forms besides music)
3. High quality video of worship leadership, choral conducting, and of accompanying piano or organ performance, (may include other relevant forms of music making, demonstrating artistry and technique across a variety of musical styles and genres) and videos/photos of worship arts planned by the candidate. Please upload video materials to a YouTube private channel for use of the BUMC search process only.
4. Send a Worship Script or bulletin of a worship service that you have planned
5. Screening of candidates will begin immediately and the search will remain open until the position is filled. Expected start date is August 2017.
6. Letters of recommendation and written permission to contact references may be requested at a later time. References should include at least one former supervisor.
7. Application materials should be sent to: Director of Music and Worship Arts Search Committee Barrington United Methodist Church 98 Algonquin Rd Barrington IL 60010 OR e-mailed to email@example.com
- Organization: Barrington United Methodist Church
- Contact: Director of Music and Worship Arts Search Committee
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 05/26/17