Director of Martin Serves! at Martin Methodist CollegePulaski, Tennessee (TN) 38478
Summary of Program
Martin Serves! seeks to engage the Martin Methodist community in acts of community service and civic engagement in order to encourage service as a lifelong activity among students, faculty, and staff.
Summary of Position
Develop, encourage, and celebrate campus-wide community service and social justice initiatives by nurturing community partnerships, building relationships with students and student organizations, and fostering missional United Methodist Connections.
Job Title: Director of Martin Serves!
Position Type: Full-Time, Entry Level
Reports to: Dr. Daniel McMasters, Dean of Campus Life; Dr. Ed Trimmer, Turner Center for Church Leadership Executive Director; Mr. Tyler Cox, Director of Admissions
Start Date: Tentative, August 2017
Duties and Responsibilities
- Connect with local organizations and maintain a community partner catalog
- Resource teams, clubs, student organizations and faculty with local service opportunities
- Plan and coordinate a variety of service and civic engagement events including, but not limited to, Earth Week, Free Dental Day, Social Justice Awareness Week, etc.
- Coordinate Break Trip and Social Justice Trip opportunities
- Act as liaison with Service-Learning Committee to partner faculty with Service-Learning community connections, recognize exemplary campus service and Service-Learning initiatives, and host community partner fairs.
- Advise student organizations committed to service and civic engagement such as Blood Drive Team, Green Team, and Pulaski Poverty Project
- Develop and run an annual Summer Youth Mission Camp on site and co-operate with other summer mission groups that come to campus
- Partner with United Methodist Churches coordinating international mission opportunities to help sponsor Martin Methodist students
- Create conversations with students regarding service initiatives in which they are passionate and provide tools needed to develop such opportunities
- Keep records of Martin Methodist service volunteers and hours served
- Research and complete applications for College/University Service Recognition programs such as the President’s Honor Roll, Carnegie Classification, and National Campus Compact Survey.
- Supervise the Community Outreach Federal Work Study Program
- Encourage student, faculty, and staff involvement in service and leadership conferences as well as advocacy events
- Recruiting at United Methodist Youth Events
- Teaching FYE (First Year Experience) may be expected
- Oversee and update the MMC Service Blog
- Create advertisements and articles about Martin Serves! events to be shared with MMC Communication staff and posted on social media
- Research and apply for grants that can further the mission of Martin Serves!
- Coordinate the annual MMC Service Awards Ceremony for students, personnel, and community partners in connection with the Faculty Service-Learning Liaison
- Manage Martin Serves budget including, but not limited to, requesting allocated funds, creating P.O. Requests for expenditures, and providing purchase receipts
- Masters Required
- United Methodist Preferred
- Working with Young Adults
Screening of applications begins May 2017, and will continue until the position is filled. A complete application consists of a letter addressing the qualifications cited above; curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references. Other documentation may be requested.
You may send via email to Shana Hibdon, firstname.lastname@example.org or via postage mail to:
Martin Methodist College
Center for Church Leadership
Attn: Shana Hibdon
433 West Madison Street
Pulaski, TN 38478
Any questions may be directed to the head of the search committee, Dr. Ed Trimmer, email@example.com.
Martin Methodist College
Founded in 1870, Martin Methodist College is a four-year liberal arts college related to the Tennessee Conference of the United Methodist Church. On a historic campus located in Pulaski, Tenn., in the beautiful hills of southern Middle Tennessee, the college is convenient to both Nashville (70 miles to the north) and Huntsville, Ala. (40 miles to the south). http://www.martinmethodist.edu
- Organization: Martin Methodist College, Center for Church Leadership
- Contact: Shana Hibdon or Dr. Ed Trimmer
- Phone: 931-424-7347
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 07/31/17