Director of Children’s MinistriesFort Myers, Florida (FL) 33919
This position is responsible for the creation of a compelling ministry vision, organization, design and delivery of program activities for children (from birth through 5th grade). Such activities will cultivate the spiritual formation of children. This position will lead the Children’s Team in the development of a comprehensive age appropriate programming. This will be in partnership with the other members of the Program Ministry, and driven by the Vision and Mission of Cypress Lake United Methodist Church
Administration, Vision, Leadership, Knowledge, Shepherding, Discernment
Working with Children and Parents, developing relationships with God
People management, project management, coaching, communication, team builder
Intended Outcomes for Position:
- Provide faith based programming for children
- Grow participation in children programs – numbers and spiritual depth
- Inspire parents and others to use their gifts in Children’s Ministry and follow God’s call on their lives.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Project and cast a compelling vision for the faith development of children and establish measurable goals.
- Recruit, train, supervise, encourage and provide resources for volunteer Sunday School teachers (primary, as well as substitute teachers), Family Night activities, special events such as Vacation Bible School, seasonal fellowship/outreach activities and Third Grade Bible Celebration.
- Wednesday Night Programs
- Evaluate and select appropriate Bible-based curriculum.
- Supervise the Nursery Coordinator to insure a safe, welcoming and nurturing staff for the nursery.
- Liaison to the Bright Beginnings Advisory Board.
- Promotes Play Day
- Promotes and co-ordinates Children’s summer camp opportunities i.e. Florida Annual Conference Camping Ministry
- Prepare the annual budget for the children’s program; prepare written reports showing activities and expected monetary expenditures necessary to accomplish the activity; control expenditures not to exceed the budgeted values
- Helps maintain in the Shepherd Staff and Excellerate Check in systems a database of each child, including parent’s name, address, and telephone information, that is involved in activities, or could be served by the activities – including maintaining an accurate record of attendance/participation at ministry events.
- Communicate with parents and/or children directly (telephone, E-Mail, FaceBook) and indirectly (letters and bulletin notices) to assure an appropriate welcoming invitation and information relating to program activities
- Coordinates and schedules activities/events with Director of Ministries to maximize learning opportunities for the children of our congregation.
- Works cooperatively with the Children’s Ministry Team and Church Council.
- Attends all scheduled staff and ministry team meetings.
- Establish regularly scheduled office hours.
- Ensures compliance with child-protection policies, i.e., screening of workers, security identification, child /worker supervision ratio, sanitary equipment, and meeting area cleanliness
- Prepares the Baptism certificate and gift and follow up with parents after baptisms at the church to encourage their involvement in the church.
- Participation in Children’s Ministry Network and other off site trainings, such as the United Methodist children’s training, Orange Conference, Willow Creek Leadership Summit …
Education and/or Experience:
- Must profess a belief in Christ and embrace Christian values.
- College degree in Education preferred but not required.
Be experienced in Christian leadership roles with a practical understanding of issues confronting children/families.
- Have basic computer communication skills (e-mail, word processing).
- Have the ability to organize work and manage time; be able to work with diverse personalities and maintain working relationships through interpersonal skills.
Salary Range $38,000 to $40,000
Health Insurance 80/20 cost sharing after 90 day probationary period
Health Savings Account $1,250 annually
Pension 6% match of salary after twelve month anniversary
Continuing Education $1,000
Reimbursable Account $500
- Organization: Cypress Lake United Methodist Church
- Contact: Erick Ashley
- Phone: 239-482-1250
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 05/31/17