Director/Minister of Discipleship and Adult MinistriesTallahassee, Florida (FL), USA 32301
Director of Discipleship and Adult Ministries
June 16, 2017
Thriving downtown church with growing intentional ministries for our community, our congregation, and our world is seeking an ordained deacon or person with experience in Christian Education, for a full time position in the area of Discipleship and ministry with adults to initiate, coordinate and sustain ongoing and new ministries and engage adults and families with emphasis on spiritual formation, new member assimilation, and community outreach.
Trinity United Methodist Church is located in Tallahassee, FL in close proximity to the state capitol, two major universities and a community college. Our church includes all ages with dynamic programs for children and youth as well as adults. Visit our website www.tumct.org for an overview of what we are about.
1. BA or MA in a field related to Christian Education
2. Training or experience in the equipping organizational model.
3. Ability to lead teams and sub-teams on a large organizational level.
4. Well balanced leadership and delegation skills.
5. Strong understanding of systems and database concepts.
- A Christ-centered, biblically rooted, warm-hearted faith in Christ which expresses itself in a loving, joyful, healthy relationship with others and personal freedom in sharing his/her personal experience of Christ.
- A clear passion to draw uncommitted persons into a living relationship with Jesus Christ.
- An excitement and commitment to the mission, and vision of Trinity United Methodist Church.
- A visionary person with the freedom to explore the most effective means by which the church’s mission/vision can be fulfilled.
- A team player who works well with other church staff members and who has proven effectiveness in working with volunteers.
- Personal commitment to the spiritual heritage, doctrine, and social principles of the United Methodist Church.
- Evidence of Christian character with lived-out spiritual disciplines and participation in the life of the church.
- A sense of humor and ability not to take him/herself too seriously.
- High energy level for the demands of a growing ministry.
Submit cover letter and resume to Wayne Wiatt , Senior Pastor (email@example.com) and Emily Waugh, SPRC Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Resumes accepted through the end of July 2017
Click here for more information
- Organization: Trinity United Methodist Church
- Contact: Wayne Wiatt
- Phone: 850-222-1120
- Email: email@example.com
- Closing Date: 07/31/17