Church SecretaryMagnolia, Texas (TX), United States 77354
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30-4:30 pm. 35 hours, Full Time with Benefits
1. College graduate or equivalent work-related experience
2. Minimum of 1 year experience in office/front desk
3. Strong computer skills (MS Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Shelby*); ability to learn other
4. Proficiency in the use of standard office tools (copy machine, voice mail, email, etc.)
5. Must be a professional, outgoing individual who is a team player
6. Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Primary function is to serve as an engaging member of the ministry team who assists with the day-to-day functions of the church. This person will report directly to the Administrative Assistant to the Senior Pastor.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Maintenance and organization of church office
2. Ordering of office supplies
3. Organization and maintenance of church calendar
4. Pick up, distribution and dissemination of all mail and correspondence
5. Screening and routing all incoming calls.
6. Check voice mail/email and respond daily.
7. Coordinate scheduling for volunteers, and miscellaneous events
8. Assist with preparation of weekly email and worship guides
9. Keep accurate membership records (new members, prospects, baptisms, weddings, deaths, etc.),
attendance, and connection cards
10. Routine filing of paperwork.
11. Prepare new member information packets
12. Coordinate employee meetings, lunches, etc.
13. Notify Pastor’s Administrative Assistant of member hospitalizations, deaths, care needs, etc.
14. Maintain adequate print material for the church (i.e. directories, forms, letterhead, etc.)
15. Assist with general communication in cooperation with Communication Team
* Training provided
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
• Exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, teaching
ability and accountability
• Conscious of the need for confidentiality
• Exercise discernment and wise judgment
• Be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects
• Possess strong administrative skills and the ability to work independently
* Ability to adapt to quickly changing needs
* A servant leader
* A welcoming, loving and hospitable presence at all times.
- Organization: Wildwood United Methodist Church
- Contact: Mitzi Shaddix
- Phone: 832-934-0100
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 08/14/17