Children’s Ministry Coordinator (15 hours), Forest Hills United Methodist Church, Brentwood, TNBrentwood, Tennessee (TN) 37027
Children's Ministry Coordinator (15 hours), Forest Hills United Methodist Church, Brentwood, TN
POSITION: Part-Time Children’s Ministry Coordinator (15 hours per week)
MISSION: To guide the children’s ministry of Forest Hills United Methodist Church (FHUMC) in a way that seeks to glorify God and nurture children in their Christian faith. Provide the children of FHUMC with a faith community where they feel welcome and loved while they grow and develop spiritually in their experience and understanding of God and God’s love for them.
Spiritual Gifts: Teaching – Evangelism – Shepherd
Talents and Abilities Desired: Good organizational skills, ability to motivate people, good communicator, social media/tech savvy
Accountable to: Senior Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee
• Vibrant relationship with God in Jesus Christ
• Ability to build and develop volunteer teams by casting vision and equipping them for ministry
• Able to work 15 hours per week, Sunday morning required
• College degree in related field (preferred but not required)
• Completion of a background/security check
Job Summary: Develop annual plan and coordinate a ministry of spiritual formation for children, birth thru 6th grade, and their families in partnership with CMT (Children’s Ministry Team).
Responsibilities / Duties:
• Monitor attendance/rosters for children with respect to age, grade and parent-guardian contact information.
• Review and order curriculum and supplies as needed.
• Create and maintain children’s ministry budget and monitor related expenditures.
• Educate congregation about opportunities in children’s ministry and actively recruit and train teachers/volunteers.
• Coordinate Sunday School programs and seasonal educational events/programs.
• Coordinate and periodically deliver children’s sermon in worship; cultivate congregational leaders to lead children’s sermon.
• Maintain regular communication with parents/families.
• Provide support, parenting resources and family devotional materials to equip parents in actively promoting children’s faith formation at home.
• Provide opportunities for children’s ministry families to get to know and deepen relationships with each other; track and celebrate children and family’s birthdays, celebrations, and milestones.
• Welcome and ensure follow-up with first-time and regular visitors with children.
• Ensure compliance to FHUMC’s Safe Sanctuary policy; periodically trains staff, lay leadership, and greater congregation on Safe Sanctuary procedures. Maintain accurate records of approved Safe Sanctuary persons.
• Oversee coordination of Nursery Worker and other nursery staff. Working with Nursery Coordinator and other workers to provide a safe and welcoming environment for children.
• Participate in Chapel rotation.
• Identify and support outreach opportunities
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: Forest Hills United Methodist Church
- Contact: Carol Sircy
- Phone: 615-516-1397
- Email: email@example.com
- Closing Date: 06/20/17