Bi-Lingual Program Assistant for the National Plan for Hispanic/Latino MinistryAtlanta, Georgia (GA), United States
BASIC PURPOSE: The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Directors of the Racial/Ethnic Plans: National Plan for Hispanic/Latino Ministry, Asian American Language Ministries & Pacific Islander Ministry to fulfill their programmatic needs. Day to day duties will include scheduling meetings and appointments, logistics coordination and management of certain projects, travel schedules, processing expense statements and maintaining files and documents, and communicating with staff, external partners and resource persons.
Your daily routine also includes interaction with various internal clients of all levels and at different geographic locations across the lines of businesses. You will need to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to complete assignments in line with the unit's activities and goals.
The duties and administrative functions will require confidentiality, initiative, sound decision-making, independent judgment and the ability to escalate serious or unique problems to higher levels.
* Telephone coverage for multiple team members
* Provide administrative support for the team
* Communicate with a multicultural constituency utilizing all tools such as telephone, email, Skype, etc. while being sensitive to different forms of verbal communications.
* Actively manage the calendars of multiple team members and work effectively with other administrative assistants to coordinate/plan meetings and conference calls, which may involve numerous time zones
* Provide logistical coordination including booking travel arrangements and organizing itineraries for training and continuing education events
* Process timely and accurate travel expense reports
* Process reports and forms
* Maintain files and related documents
* Assist in preparing for the training events
* Process payments on time
* Develop and maintain electronic files as needed
* Assist with missionary onboarding and off boarding which includes coordinating with various units of Global Ministries
Vertical Business Responsibilities:
* Document Management
* Invoice Tracking
* List Maintenance
* Intranet Portal document and data administration
* Special Projects
* Other duties as assigned
Self-starter, ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Willing and able to learn the business and fully understand how and why tasks satisfy business needs.
Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
Ability to work independently as well as part of the team to ensure that the needs of the group are always met and that adequate assistant coverage is provided to the group.
Make yourself available to your peers to assist with overflow, special projects and day-to-day tasks.
Strong Technical skills – hardware and software.
Tasks, whether routine or urgent, are completed successfully and in a timely manner.
Understanding and demonstrating good problem-solving skills.
Calendar management/document organization.
Other administrative/general tasks.
Maintain familiarity with all policy and technology updates.
Maintain confidentiality of information.
Minimum 2-4 years administrative secretarial experience, preferably being responsible to more than one executive at the same time.
Proven PC skills, highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Basic skills in graphic design.
Be current in the use of new technologies in the workplace.
Data base processing experience.
Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure, and flexible.
Able to work with minimal supervision, works well individually and in teams, shares information, and supports colleagues.
Solid organizational and time management skills.
Able to multi-task paying attention to details and being able to prioritize.
Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required with the ability to produce high quality emails and messages to individuals at all levels of the organization.
Able to perform efficiently, professionally and amicably under stress and deadlines.
Strong interpersonal skills to create and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
Excellent telephone skills (i.e. takes accurate and complete messages) and email communication.
Bilingual Spanish required.
No relocation will be offered, applicants must already live in the Atlanta area.
Applications will only be accepted at the following link -- http://www.umcmission.org/Learn-About-Us/About-Global-Ministries/Careers/Careers
- Organization: General Board of Global Ministries
- Contact: Mia Richey
- Email: email@example.com
- Closing Date: 08/10/17