Associate Director of Children’s MinistriesLakeland, Florida (FL), United States 33803
First United Methodist Church of Lakeland, Florida, a vital and active congregation, with an average attendance of about 1,600 and a staff of about 115, is searching for a full time Associate Director of Children's Ministries. Our Children's Ministries area is a growing ministry and is housed in and shares a beautiful 2-1/2 year old ministry center with other vital ministries including our weekday preschool ministry and every day adult and community ministries. This position is a full time position, and is an important part of the GROW (Age Level) team of staff and volunteers. Under the direction of our Director of Children's Ministries, the Associate Director works in all facets of Children's ministries with a strong and important leadership emphasis in our United 5:6 ministry (5th and 6th graders) as they transition out of children's ministries and into youth ministries. Regular programming includes Sunday morning and evening, and Wednesday evening, along with numerous and developing special events.
The mission of First United Methodist Church is to make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World. In Matthew 28:19-20, Jesus calls His disciple to " .. go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."
First UMC is called to live out the mission by being a Worship +3 Congregation: We are called to be:
- A Worshipping Church - Beginning with God, gathering for worship to praise God, to learn from God and to be the community of faith God has called us to be
- An Inviting Church - inviting people to know and experience the love of God. It is through relationship with God and with God's people that lives are transformed, mercy and forgiveness are found
- A Growing Church - committed to growing in our relationship with and understanding of God
- A Serving Church - committed to serving in areas of mission, justice and restoration
Click on the following link for more information on the position and how to apply:
https://www.firstumc.org/employment-opportunities/associate-director-of-childrens-ministries or contact Harriet S. Mayes, Church Administrator at email@example.com, or 863-686-3163.
- Organization: First United Methodist Church of Lakeland, Florida
- Contact: Harriet S Mayes
- Phone: 863-686-3163
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 08/14/17