The Administrative Services Department includes the office of the general secretary and is responsible for the oversight of the entire General Council on Finance and Administration. This oversight includes:
- fulfilling the mandates of The Book of Discipline;
- implementing the policies established by the Council;
- relations with Council members and other governance entities;
- coordination and contact with other United Methodist general agencies, the Connectional Table, and the Council of Bishops;
- preparation of reports, including the budget, to the General Conference;
- public relations, communications, and training functions.
The general secretary and treasurer is elected by the General Council on Finance and Administration and is its chief executive officer.
The link below is the resource and information on the budget of the Church as adopted by the 2012 General Conference.